In Abril 2018, a group of 15 students from Košice (Slovakia) came to Seville to do an internship as Beauty Salon Assistants and Dressmakers. During their internship, they learnt new things and developed their professional abilities in the fields above, carrying out several tasks, such as:
– Helping with workspace, equipment, tools and cosmetics preparation;
– Assisting in the administration of facial treatments;
– Assisting in shaping, manicure and pedicure techniques;
– Assisting in waxing services;
– Organizing products and tools useful observing the safety and hygiene rules conditions;
– Fit, alter, repair, and make made to measure clothing, according to customers’ and clothing manufacturers’ specifications and fit, and applying principles of garment design, construction, and styling
– Repair or replace defective garment parts such as pockets, zippers, snaps, buttons, and linings;
– Makes women’s garments, such as dresses, suits and flamenco dresses, according to customer specifications and measurements.
Furthermore, they learned some Spanish and found out some historical, cultural and gastronomical features about Seville during a Spanish course, a Seville Tour, a Tapas Night. They also had a great time during a trip to the beautiful city of Gibraltar.
We hope that our trainees had fun and that they learned many things that will be useful for their future work and private life.