10 Austrian students spent a month in Seville (October-November 2017) to do an internship as Administratives, Logistic Technicians, Dressmakers, Plastic Molding Operators, Beauty Salon Assistant and Library Assistant. During their internship, they learnt new things and developed their professional abilities in the fields above, carrying out several tasks, such as:
- Performing general office duties: using photocopiers, printers and scanners and processing invoices, receipts and payments.
- Fitting, altering, repairing, and making made-to-measure clothing, according to customers’ and clothing manufacturers’ specifications and fitting and applying principles of garment design, construction, and styling, repairing or replacing defective garment parts such as pockets, zippers, snaps, buttons, and linings, making women’s garments, such as dresses, suits and flamenco dresses, according to customer specifications and measurements, positioning and pinning pattern sections, such as collar, sleeve, or waist, on fabric, and cuts fabric with scissors following pattern edge.
- Carrying out loading operations that affect the control and organization of the distribution of goods to be transported, performing the unloading operations in order to control and organize the distribution of goods in the warehouse, performing administrative management in transport operations, assisting to the realization of the packaging,labelling and storage of goods, adding information about shipments and arrivals in the computer program.
- Operating and monitoring plastics moulding machines, putting and removing plastic from the machinery and checking the results, cleaning, lubricating and carrying out maintenance of the machine.
- Helping with workspace, equipment, tools and cosmetics preparation, assisting with administering facial treatments, performing shaping, manicure and pedicure techniques applying health regulations, assisting with hair removal treatments
Furthermore, they learned some Spanish and found out some historical, cultural and gastronomical features about Seville during a Spanish course, a Seville Tour and a Tapas Night. They also had a great time during a trip to the beautiful city of Cadiz.
We hope that our trainees had fun and that they learned many things that will be useful for their future work and private life.