15 Polish students from Rzeszów did an internship in Seville, working as Aircraft Mechanics and CNC Operators. During their work experience, they developed their professional abilities in industrial design and manufacturing, in Technology, in Aeronautics and in IT; they carried out several tasks, such as:
- Operating and monitoring machines for cutting, drilling and polishing plastic and metal;
- Using software to design 3D pieces;
- Getting to know and learning Aircraft Maintenance Manuals and Work Orders according to workshop tasks, Illustrated Parts Catalogues, basic principles of hydraulics and elements of the hydraulic system of an aircraft, elements of landing gear, its function and configuration, the different parts and engine operations and the differences between turbine and piston engines, the different types of propellers and its functions, etc.
- disassembling and assembling completely engine cylinders; propellers; combustion chambers; compressor of a turbine; torque link of the front axle; shimmy damper; the braking system; wheels; hand pump; hydraulic pump, hand pump and gear pump
- Performing maintenance tasks in the workshop (on different engines, propellers, turbines and aircrafts) and on the hydraulics systems (for example, changing engine oil, maintaining the contact magneto, cleaning the spark plug, etc.);
- Carrying out preflight and post-flight checks on the aircraft
Furthermore, they learned the Spanish language and culture during a Spanish course and a Seville Tour. They could also participate in a study visit to a Military base as well as to a fantastic trip to Malaga.
We hope that our trainees learned many things during their stay and that everything will be useful for their future work and private life.