For two weeks in October 2017, this 17 Polish students from Szczebrzeszyn spent their time in Malaga to do an internship in the Gastronomy sector. They worked as Cooks in some local restaurants, carrying out several tasks, such as:
- Learning about the typical Spanish cuisine and local specialties;
- Performing skilled cooking and food preparation;
- Assisting in coordinating food service activities to have meals prepared at scheduled time;
- Observing and testing food to determine if it has been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling or piercing it with utensils;
- Weighing, measuring and mixing ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment;
- Adjusting the amount of food, creating portions, arranging and garnishing food as well as serving it to waiters or clients if needed.
Moreover, they learned some Andalusian historical and cultural features during a Malaga tour and a Tapas Night, as well as during the trips to two of the most beautiful Andalusian cities: Seville and Granada.
We hope that our trainees had fun and that they learned many things that will be useful for their future work and private life.