At the begining of September, we hosted a group of 15 Polish students from Stalowa Wola, for their two-week training program in Ubeda. Their practice consisted of working on an eco-farm specializing in bioconstruction.
They had a unique opportunity to try how to use a lot of unknown materials, tools and building methods. On the farm they were working, helping and creating. Participants developed their knowledge in the field of bioconstruction and related skills.
It is worth mentioning some of the tasks & responsibilities carried out during the training, such as:
– recognizing and identifying the properties and elements of building materials and their uses in construction
– checking and maintaining the safety measures related to working with slippery materials and heights
– examining plans and projects of constructions
– reading or interpreting building plans
– producing, compacting or removing the bio material from its mold and then drying it
– taking accurate measurements of materials for construction
– building, using bio or recyclable materials.
In addition to the practices on the eco-farm, they had the opportunity to participate in Spanish language lessons, taste the local food during Tapas Night, and visit such beautiful cities as Granada and Malaga.