In June 2015, we had the pleasure to welcome a group of 8 Polish trainees, ready for their two-week internship in the chemistry sector. They worked at a lab, performing tasks such as:
- Preparation of laboratory equipment and reagents needed for analysis according to safety regulations
- Preparation of samples and solutions for analysis. Sampling of drinking water and their preservation
- Preparation of growth medium in order to detect microorganisms in water.
- Microbiological analysis of water.
- Physico-chemical analysis of drinking water according to official regulations. Analysis of waste water
- Study of soil pH and content of macro elements
Next to that, the trainees had plenty of free time to discover the beauties of the Spanish culture. They familiarized themselves with the language during their Spanish classes, did a tour around the city, went on trips to Baeza and Malaga and tasted the local food during tapas night!
We hope the trainees had a great stay and wish them the best in their future careers.