16 trainees, 10 workplaces, 5 fields of work and 1 city: the perfect ingredients for a successful project! This group of Polish trainees stayed in Seville for a three-week internship in March/April 2017, working as hairdressers, cooks, pastry cooks, chef assistants and waiters at several local companies, of which mostly restaurants and tapas bars.
The trainees carried out tasks such as:
- Learning about the typical Spanish cuisine and local specialties
- Performing skilled cooking and food preparation
- Assisting in coordinating food service activities to have meals prepared at scheduled time
- Washing and drying kitchen pots/ utensils and ensuring their proper storage
- Observing and testing food to determine if it has been cooked sufficiently, using methods such as tasting, smelling or piercing it with utensils
- Weighing, measuring and mixing ingredients according to recipes or personal judgment, using various kitchen utensils and equipment
Next to that, they also took part in all kinds of cultural activities: they did a stadium tour, went on a Seville tour and visited the cities of Granada and Malaga. We hope the trainees had a great and interesting stay.