In the middle of January 2017, a nice group of 20 Polish students landed on Spanish territories, ready to carry out internships in Seville. These cooks, pastry cooks, bakers and IT technicians stayed for two weeks and fulfilled many different tasks in their respective sectors. The tasks included activities such as:
- Mixing raw materials and ancillary products in appropriate quantities and preparing different types of dough and creams
- Making and decorating different types of tarts and pastries according to basic techniques of bakery
- Seasoning and cooking meals according to recipes, personal judgment or experience, using different methods (e.g. baking, braising, frying, broiling, roasting and steaming).
- Dismantling, reassembly and replacing of simple electrical, electronic and mechanical components
- Repairing or replacing broken parts (trouble shooting)
Next to that, the trainees were introduced to the Spanish language via Spanish classes and to the Spanish landscapes via their visits of Seville, Ronda and Cadiz.