Between January and February 2018, a group of 16 Polish trainees from Sandomierz had the opportunity to come to Seville for a two-weeks working experience in Electronics and Mobile App programming. They participated in theoretical and practical training courses and developed their knowledge and skills by carrying out several tasks, such as:
- Programming mobile devices (basic architecture of device and Android system with software emulators for virtual mobile devices);
- Creating and running software projects process for Android: installation and configuration of ECLIPSE environment;
- Designing components of user interface in mobile application – using templates;
- Designing navigation system in mobile apps: menu options, contextual menu items SlideMenu and NavigationDrawer, tabs;
- Usage of the built-in hardware components of mobile devices application such as: camera, camcorder, media player, GPS receiver, compass, stopwatch;
- Design and implementation of database maintenance in mobile app using database structures, application queries in SQL, modification and updating data.
Moreover, they learned the Andalusian culture, history and beauty during a Seville tour. They could also visit the beautiful cities of Granada and Gibraltar.
We hope that our trainees learned a lot, that they had fun and that they improved their professional and interpersonal skills. We wish them all the best for their future like and work.