Between May and June 2018, we had the pleasure to have the company of 11 Polish Lab Technicians students. The group was divided into two teams, one of them stayed with us for two weeks and the other one for the whole moth. The youngsters spent their time at a company based on the technology in the agro-food and cosmetic sector in Seville. The trainees did all kind of activities, such as:
- Removing residues and sterilizing laboratory equipment and machines
- Recording and reviewing the results of the experiments
- Taking and analysing samples
- Preparing and carrying out equipment maintenance
- Performing physical chemical testing
Apart from that, they also participated in all kinds of activities outside the lab: they went on a study visit to a lab and could examine their own blood, had Spanish classes, did a tour of Seville, went on a tapas night and did trip to the charming city of Gibraltar and Tavira. We had a great time with them and hope they learnt plenty of interesting things.