Two weeks was all these trainees needed to carry out great internships in Seville. The 18 trainees from Katowice, Poland, carried out internships as architect assistants, landscape architects, builders, dressmakers, geodetic surveyors and sound & recording technicians. They were responsible for many tasks, such as:
- Preparing new garden sites and plots using hand tools or machines
- Making bouquets and arrangements based on their knowledge, ideas and design books in order to meet customer requirements
- Proposing a new distribution (floor plans, elevations, finishes, fixtures)
- Preparing scaffolding, maintaining marked lineups and carrying out tasks such as chipping walls and clearing out work areas.
- Assisting with sound recordings
- Carrying out small repairments to sound devices
- Fitting, altering, repairing, and making made-to-measure clothing, according to customers’ and clothing manufacturers’ specifications and fit, and applying principles of garment design, construction, and styling.
During their free time, the trainees took part in all kinds of activities: they were given Spanish classes, enjoyed watching and dancing flamenco, went to the viewpoint Metropol Parasol to enjoy the view of Seville from higher up, visited the royal bullring, went on a Seville tour with one of our coordinators and enjoyed daytrips to Granada, Gibraltar and Córdoba!