What to expect from trainees coming from Count Dracula’s country? Luckily for us, only good things! We had the joy to host this group of 16 Romanian mobile app developers for two weeks in May 2017. The trainees worked at a local vocational school and received only good results from their tutor. They also all had the opportunity to develop their skills and knowledge carrying out tasks such as:
- Basic architecture of device and Android system (software emulators for virtual mobile devices);
- The process of creating and running software projects for Android: installation and configuration of ECLIPSE environment;
- Implementation of the system of switching between the two screens designed applications: data transfer
- Testing the application template on the emulator and on the device. Processes: run, debug, transfer (import) applications;
- Designing components of user interface in mobile application – using templates;
- Designing navigation system in mobile apps: menu options, contextual menu items SlideMenu and NavigationDrawer, tabs; – Usage of the built-in hardware components of mobile devices application such as: camera, camcorder, media player, GPS receiver, compass, stopwatch;
Apart from that, the trainees took part in several nice cultural activities: they enjoyed a guided city tour, went on a river cruise, tasted the local food during tapas night, assisted to a flamenco show and learnt how to dance the traditional dance, visited the royal bullring, and visited the cities of Cordoba (Andalusia) and Tavira (Portugal)! We hope they had an interesting time here and wish them all the best.