On Valentine’s Day 2016, 17 Polish students left their home country for an adventure in Spain. During their two-week stay, they participated at a practical internship on solar heating, learning all there is to know about renewable energy. They also had the opportunity to take part at an observatory visit in a solar company.
Their tasks included, amongst others:
- Recognize the types of photovoltaic cells: polycrystalline and amorphous monocrystaline
- Guide panels according to seasonal optimal tilt
- Measure by a multimeter voltage and intensity according to the degree of inclination
- Bring panels in series, parallel and mixed and check their parameters
- Know and identify the different types of controllers, their programming process and functions
- Verify, identify and maintain batteries and inverters
Next to that, they participated in plenty of other activities organized for them. First of all, they discovered the most famous and beautiful spots in Seville. They also got acquainted with the Spanish language via lessons made specially for them. Finally, they went on many trips, visiting the cities of Malaga, Ronda and Cordoba.