At the beginning of 2016, 15 technically-skilled students from a Czech school in Střední Průmyslová Škola made their way to Seville in order to take part in a two-week training programme at different local host companies, according to their speciality. Whilst improving their linguistic skills, the students will mostly make major progress in their respective workfields.
Their tasks included the following:
- Creation of the first Android project “Hello World!”
- Implementation of navigation between two screens of the app by explicit Intent, passing the data from one screen to another
- Use of implicit Intent for the launching of actions that are external to the app
- Design of an interface with the different types of Layouts: RelativeLayout, LinearLayout, TableLayout
- Design of a relational database in Android, using the ORM greenDAO
- Implementation of a personalized camera, with use of the flash and other properties.
- Implementation of Map in Fragment (with NavigationDrawer)
- Design and implementation of advertising banner in apps with AdMoImplementation of video reproduction with Media Player Use of sensors of the mobile device
- Communication with servers with RESTFul API (an own server will be used)
The trainees were very actively involved in their work and they ever-present enthusiasm was duly noted and appreciated. But apart from their hard work, the students also took part in some relaxing and fun cultural activities, such as: a visit to the bullring and to the football stadium Ramón Sanchez Pizjuan.