Polish trainees develop apps in Seville
On 17th of January we received a group of 16 Polish trainees from Głogów, Poland.
During their two-week internship they practised, obtained experience, broadened their professional knowledge and improved their skills in the IT programming sector developing apps for Android devices. The students had, amongs many others, the following tasks:
- Installation and configuration of IDE (Eclipse)
- Installation and configuration of software of Emulation on Virtual Mobile Devices (Genymotion)
- Creation of the first Android project “Hello World!”
- Implementation of navigation between two screens of the app by explicit Intent, passing the data from one screen to another
- Use of implicit Intent for the launching of actions that are external to the app
- Use of Intent-filter for the execution of actions with our own app
All students were also taken to an IT company. Next to that, they enjoyed a visit to Cadiz, were shown around the city of Seville and learnt plenty about the Spanish language, people and way of life during their Spanish classes.
All had an unforgettable experience and are now more ready than ever to put their acquired skills and knowledge into practise.