In March 2019, Euromind had the pleasure to welcome 18 polish students to participate in 2 weeks length group training in a host company based on the use of new technologies, it focuses its activities on the development of innovative food and drink products, inspection of cosmetics, and also contributes to the agricultural, agrifood and public health sectors. The company also promotes the development of innovative products, from initial analysis to final performance for sale. In order to guarantee the highest quality of services, the laboratory uses only the highest quality and certified equipment (ISO 9001: 2008) and uses the latest available technologies.
During students´ group training they carried tasks, such as:
– Removing residues, sterilizing and performing maintenance work on machinery and laboratory equipment
– Saving and analyzing the results of research and experiments
– Getting to know the tools, equipment, and technologies used in the laboratory
– Identifying and analyzing gases and sewage polluting the environment
– Preparing materials and equipment for sampling, the adaptation of samples
– Sample monitoring
– Assisting in physicochemical research of sewage: pH, conductivity, suspended particles and fats and others
– Assisting in microbiological studies of activated sludge
– Getting acquainted with the gas analysis laboratory
– Assistance in physicochemical tests of gases polluting the environment: analysis of dust and sediment, CO, CO2, SH2, SO2
Furthermore, they also had the opportunity to visit a laboratory where they analysed their own blood and DNA. They work using modern laboratory equipment, learn new techniques and work in a different environment to what they are used to. It is also an interesting to see the conditions the young Spanish people study.
Besides that, students also had different cultural activities like language course or Seville city tour and free time to enjoy Spain. They also visited Andalusian cities like Cadiz and Granada.
I was on the internship in Seville and I’m very glad that I could be there. It was amazing adventure. I learnt a lot of new things and got professional experience. I really enjoyed our trip to Cadiz, it was one of the best days. Also I very liked Spanish lessons, the teacher who was learning us was charismatic, she was always prepared and tried to teach us this beautiful language.
In two past weeks I was on an internship in Spain in Sevilla. My travel to Sevilla was good, the flight was peaceful and fast. Our coordinator for these two weeks was very helpful and she always tried to make us happy and satisfied. Also our teacher was always there to help us when we had a problem to solve or a question when we were in the lab. She is kind and friendly, too.
Project Title: Europejskie staże-kluczem do kariery w życiu zawodowym
Project Number: 2018-1-PL01-KA102-048647
Number of participants: 18
Country: Poland, Bydgoszcz