Between April and May 2018, a group of 17 students from Olsztyn (Poland) came to Seville to do an internship as Hairdressers, Cooks and Chefs. During their internship, they learnt new things and developed their professional abilities in the fields above, carrying out several tasks, such as:
- Getting acquainted with the cosmetics and hair care technologies used by Spanish hairdressers
- Using sterilization procedures of hairdressing utensils
- Washing customers heads and getting it ready for cutting or other treatments required
- Learning about typical Spanish cuisine and local specialties
- Performing skilled cooking and food preparation
- Weighing, measuring and mixing ingredients according to recipes and personal judgment
- Adjusting the temperature of other kitchen equipment
- Seasoning and cooking meals according to recipes, personal judgment or experience, using different methods (e.g. baking, braising, frying, broiling, roasting and steaming)
Furthermore, they learned some Spanish and found out some historical, cultural and gastronomical features about Seville during a Spanish course and a Seville Tour. They enjoyed a Flamenco Show, typical local dance, and tastes famous tapas during a Tapas Night. At the weekend, they had an amazing trip to Cordoba where they visited the beautiful historical part of the city.
We hope that our trainees had fun and that they learned many things that will be useful for their future work and private life.