By the end of the year 16 enthusiastic Polish students made their way to Seville in order to take part in an exciting training programme regarding solar energy installations. During their two week stay the students were given the opportunity to make use of their priorly-gained technical skills, whilst also improving their professional and linguistic skills in the process.
Their main tasks included the following:
- Recognizing the qualities and quantities of the solar energy, as much as the movement of the Sun
- Recognizing the types photovoltaics cells: polycrystalline, monocrystalline and amorphous
- Obtaining the characteristic parameters of the panel. Including measuring voltage and current, using a multi meter, according to the inclination grade
- Assembling electrical panel and AC power circuits of the house, solar circuit of the house
- Visiting solar facility of 64 kWp, connected to the network
- Assembling plumbing installation for the shower and water taps, with the solar pump
During their stay the students pleasantly surprised their tutors with their enthusiasm, lively spirit and dedication at work. They managed to successfully complete both their traineeship and their Spanish course. Both apart from work there was still plenty of time left for them to explore the beautiful sights of Sevilla and take part in cultural activities, such as going on a cultural bike tour and taking part in an exciting trip to Córdoba.