For a full month in February and March of 2016, these 11 French girls switched countries to carry out internships in the hotel, retail and administration sector in Seville. The girls were given the chance to put their theoretically-acquired skills into practice and to majorly improve both their professional and linguistic skills in the process. They carried out a whole rang of different tasks such as:
- Answering phone calls and emails
- Handling customer service
- Undertaking general administration including word processing, dealing with enquiry’s and routine correspondence, photocopying, scanning, filing, etc.
- Assisting the Company Manager with the maintenance of the organization’s database (to include data input, making queries and running reports)
- Maintaining and updating the internal library and index including administration of photographic and digital images
- Arranging and overseeing the recording of projects for the database and archive
- Creating and modifying documents using Microsoft Office
The girls enjoyed their stay to the full by taking part in a whole host of cultural activities and trips: they discovered the beautiful sites and wonders of Seville and many of its monuments, improved their Spanish skills during a 20-hours linguistic course with our amazing teacher, and visited the Andalusian city of Cordoba. This experience will stay with them forever and they will have gained important skills and knowledge that will help them in their future job search.