In September of 2018, 16 Polish trainees left their home country for an IT adventure in Spain. The students stayed for a period of two weeks and carried out an internship developing mobile apps and improving their IT skills. Their main tasks included:
- Getting to know the company tutor and the team
- Introduction to programming mobile devices: basic architecture of device and Android system (software emulators for virtual mobile devices)
- The process of creating and running software projects for Android: installation and configuration of ECLIPSE environment
- Testing the application template on the emulator and on the device. Processes: run, debug, transfer (import) applications
- Designing navigation system in mobile apps: menu options, contextual menu items SlideMenu and NavigationDrawer, tabs
- Usage of the built in hardware components of mobile devices application such as: camera, camcorder, media player, GPS receiver, compass, stopwatch
- Publication of a complete mobile application: formats app and apk, publication and management of the application on Google Play, usage of component AdMob
To make the experience truly memorable, the trainees were taken on a study visit to the crowd working center, a place where start-ups get technological, logistical, business and legal support before promoting their product on the market.
However, their stay in Seville was not only based on hard work. The group has visited a small town in Portugal called Tavira, and also they had gone to Cadiz one of the oldest city in Europe. They enjoyed also advantages of Seville itself during their Seville tour and visit of Las Setas. We hope it will be a memorable experience!