In December 2017, 12 trainees from Volos (Greece) had the opportunity to do a work experience in Seville. Most of them came from different study fields and worked in different sectors, so that they could practice what they had actually learned at school: car mechanics, beauty salon assistance, hairdressing, photography, graphic designing and physiotherapy. They enriched their knowledge and improved their conversationa, theoretical and practical work skills by carrying out several tasks, such as:
- Locating defects in the parts and components of a vehicle; performing basic service and repair activities related to car servicing (i.e.: oil and filter change, defective parts replacement, washing of engine and other car components), car body repairing (i.e. welding, brazing, riveting, sheet metal and profiles bonding, assembly and disassembly of car body components and chassis), removing and disassembling units such as engines, transmissions or differentials, to be repaired, using hand tools and power tools;
- Helping with workspace, equipment, tools and cosmetics preparation, assisting with administering facial treatments, performing shaping, manicure and pedicure techniques applying health regulations, assisting with hair removal treatments;
- Organizing workplace, selecting appropriate tools and supplies for hairdressers, providing customer service in accordance to the principles and culture of hairdressing art, washing customers´ heads and getting it ready for cutting or other treatments required, performing hair lightening and discoloration using modern techniques and hairdressing utensils, performing hair treatments, haircuts and creating new hairstyles;
- Mobilizing people who are in bed, massaging and applying physiotherapy treatments to patients, preparing and using equipment and materials for treatments, teaching to patients how to use tools that facilitate their mobility, offering rehabilitation treatments to older people;
- Observing the shooting process and assisting to the photographer, editing pictures with photography editing tools, determining methods of an image capturing and respecting aesthetic canons, drawing, creating and editing collage for costumers, assisting in photography retouch and with purchasing and selling of articles.
Moreover, they learned some Spanish and some Andalusian culture during a Spanish course and a Seville tour, as well as they visited the beautiful city of Cordova.
We hope that our trainees learned a lot, both about their field of study and their personal training experience in a foreign country. We wish them all the best for their future like and work.