In April 2016, our team in Ubeda had the joy to welcome a group of 16 Polish trainees, ready for their internship in Spain. For a period of two weeks, the group did a practical training on geodesy. Their tasks included, amongst others:
- Using specialised terminology and symbols in foreign language in the related field
- Establishing local topographic network
- Staking out of points in terrain and working out their projection to maps
- Preparing data, charts, plots, maps, records and documents related to surveys
- Choosing a technological procedure to solve an assigned task
- Recording the results of surveys including the shape, contour, location, elevation and dimensions of land or land features
Next to that, the trainees were fully immersed in the Spanish life: they discovered Ubeda, enjoyed the local food during tapas nigh, went on a trip to Malaga, Granada and Madrid, went bowling, had Spanish classes and visited the olive oil factory! It’s safe to say they had no free moment to miss home. We hope they had a great stay and are sure they will be used their new skills and competences back home in Poland.