In March 2018 we had the pleasure to welcome a group of trainees from Greece that stayed in Seville for a 6 months internship in the gastronomy, heating and cooling, and IT sectors. The trainees carried out tasks such as:
- Preparing the ingredients for consumption or cooking
- Checking the quality of food, e.g., tasting, smelling, punching with utensils, etc.
- Seasoning and cooking meals according to recipes, personal judgment or experience, using different methods (e.g. baking, braising, frying, broiling, roasting and steaming)
- Checking the condition and the status of heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems
- Performing corrective and preventive services of maintenance for different types of equipment
- Repairing any defect and failure that appears in air conditioning systems
- Recommending and developing preventive and general maintenance procedures
- Installing, assembling and upgrading hardware
- Dismantling, reassembly and replacing of simple electrical, electronic and mechanical
- Reading electrical diagrams, electronic, pneumatic/ hydraulic (electro-pneumatic/ hydraulic)
Furthermore, the trainees received Spanish classes, went on Seville Tour, and visited two other Andalusian cities, namely Granada and Cordoba. We hope they had a great and interesting stay and that they are doing well.