A group of French students stayed in Sevilla for 3weeks and had been taking care of different animals in the animal center. The center is providing shelter to different species of animals and plants, also creates best conditions for them to live as the center is outside the city and has area of 12 hectares, that nourishes to a multitude of wild animals walking its paths as if they were in their natural habit. Thus, the students had a great opportunity to work with different animals, learn more about veterinary, as during their training program they were involved in many activities, such as:
– Feeding, giving water and examining animals
– Cleaning and disinfecting cages and work areas
– Sterilizing laboratory and surgical equipment
– Providing post-operative care
– Utilizing medication orally or topically
– Preparing samples for laboratory examination under a veterinarian’s or veterinarian technician’s supervision
– Collecting blood for diagnostic purposes and fecal samples.
Besides the training program, students also had plenty of free time to get more familiar with Spain, its culture, architecture and history. They also had an intense and dynamic Spanish language course and many cultural activities in Seville.