16 Romanian trainees spent 2 weeks in Seville working as e-commerce programmers. The youngsters carried out the following tasks:
- Installing and configuring the local server LAMP.
- Installing and learning about the IDE (Sublime Text).
- Configuring and using MySQL.
- Downloading, installing and configuring WooCommerce plugin for WordPress CMS.
- Configuring SEO (search engine optimization) and payment gateway to sell the products via Internet.
- Configuring delivery costs in terms of geographical area.
- Downloading and installing Prestashop.
Next to their practical training, the trainees were also provided with plenty of cultural activities. They were given Spanish classes, went on a study visit to a company involved in e-commerce, assisted at a Flamenco show and learnt how to dance Flamenco themselves, visited the city of Malaga and went on a trip to Tavira, a city in southern Portugal.
We hope the trainees were satisfied with their stay and wish them the best of luck in the future.