In March of 2015, our team in Seville was pleased to receive a group of 16 Czech trainees ready for their internships on solar energy at a local vocational school. During their two-week internship the students managed to greatly improve both their professional skills and knowledge while building a solar house. They ware able to carry out all sorts of tasks related to solar energy, such as:
- Recognizing the qualities and quantities of the solar energy, as much as the movement of the Sun
- Work in AutoCAD – designing solar photovoltaic projects using AutoCAD
- Recognizing the types photovoltaics cells: polycrystalline, monocrystalline and amorphous
- Obtaining the characteristic parameters of the panel. Including measuring voltage and current, using a multi meter, according to the inclination grade
- Assembling electrical panel and AC power circuits of the house, solar circuit of the house
- Visiting solar facility of 64 kWp, connected to the network
- Assembling plumbing installation for the shower and water taps, with the solar pump
After hours, the students had plenty of time left to take part in extracurricular activities and trips: they visited a solar plant, went on a cultural bike tour, and took part in an amazing trip to the beautiful seaside of Cadiz.
We received very positive feedback from and about this group and are sure their newly acquired skills will come in handy for them in the future.