By the end of 2015we were pleased to welcome a group of 15 dedicated Croatian students to Seville in order to take part in an exciting training program regarding solar energy installations. During their two week stay the students were given the opportunity to make use of their priorly-gained technical skills, whilst also improving their professional and linguistic skills in the process.
Their main tasks included the following:
- Recognizing the qualities and quantities of the solar energy, as much as the movement of the Sun
- Recognizing the types photovoltaics cells: polycrystalline, monocrystalline and amorphous
- Work in AutoCAD – designing solar photovoltaic projects using AutoCAD
- Obtaining the characteristic parameters of the panel. Including measuring voltage and current, using a multi meter, according to the inclination grade
- Assembling electrical panel and AC power circuits of the house, solar circuit of the house
- Visiting solar facility of 64 kWp, connected to the network
- Assembling plumbing installation for the shower and water taps, with the solar pump
During their stay the students managed to broaden their horizons since there was still plenty of time after work for them to explore the beautiful sites of Seville and its neighboring Andalusian cities. They took part in an exciting trip to Cadiz, they went on a study visit to the solar plant Abengoa while also finding plenty of time to explore the city of Seville.