In February 2015, 18 Polish trainees made their way to Sevilla in order to take part in a unique training program at a renowned host company. During their stay the students were able to greatly improve both their professional and linguistic skills whilst alos gaining important new working experience for the future.
Their main tasks included the following:
- Familiarizing with photovoltaic system components: solar panels, charge controller, batteries, dc to ac inverter.
- Use of AutoCAD: design of individual layers needed to build a house, design of external walls, and design of house installations.
- Teamwork: assembly of a wooden house paying attention to different ways of bonding materials, installation solutions and fasteners strength.
- Assembly of solar pergola and swimming pool paying attention to installation solutions, fasteners strength, selection of proper fasteners according to the load-bearing capacity of the structure.
- Assembly of pump filtration system: selection of filter parameters, compliance with the specifications during installation, applying pipe fittings and couplings.
- Ventilation system: installation techniques, fixing and joining materials, insulation and soundproof of a ventilation duct, ventilation system efficiency, selection of heat recovery unit (recuperator).
- Assembly of solar pergola: charging station for electric vehicles.
The students showed a great deal of determination and commitment during their internship and in doing so managed to impress their tutors and coordinators. But besides work, the students still had enough spare time to explore the beautiful sights of Sevilla, to participate in a students exchange at a Spanish VET school, and to go on a cultural trip to Cádiz.