In February 2015, our team in Ubeda had the joy to welcome a group of 16 Polish trainees, ready for their internship in Spain. For a period of two weeks, the group did a practical training on geodetic surveying. Their tasks included, amongst others:
- Using specialised terminology and symbols in foreign language in the related field
- Establishing local topographic network
- Staking out of points in terrain and working out their projection to maps
- Preparing data, charts, plots, maps, records and documents related to surveys
- Choosing a technological procedure to solve an assigned task
- Recording the results of surveys including the shape, contour, location, elevation and dimensions of land or land features
We are sure the trainees developed their competences and skills and gained valuable knowledge, not only in the field of geodesy, but also about different cultures and habits.