At the end of August 2016, we received the pleasant visit of a group of 16 motivated trainees from Gliwice, Poland. The group stayed for a period of two weeks and carried out an internship as solar energy installers. During their stay they had the opportunity to visit two different solar facilities, of which one is the largest solar complex of Europe.
The trainees carried out tasks such as:
- Gathering the panels in series and in parallel, and checking its parameters
- Recognizing and identifying different types of regulators, its programming and functioning
- Checking, identifying and maintaining the batteries
- Assembling the isolated solar installation
- Calculating and scaling the solar installation in a computer
- Designing the isolated solar installation in the computer
But the stay wasn’t limited to the solar energy internships! The trainees were taught basic Spanish vocabulary during their Spanish classes, they enjoyed the local food during Tapas Night and even paid a visit to the beautiful cities of Cadiz (Andalusia, Spain) and Tavira (Portugal).