At the end of August 2016, 22 enthusiastic Polish trainees enjoyed the sun a little longer in the beautiful city of Ubeda in Andalusia, Spain. During their four-week stay, the trainees improved their knowledge and skills in the fields of gardening, computer support, IT, building, cooking and serving tables. Some of the many tasks they performed are the following:
- Hoeing, weeding, digging
- Pruning plants and hedges
Computer support & IT:
- Performing auxiliary montage and maintenance operations in micro computing systems and data networks
- Performing operations of storage and transport of peripheral and consumable systems, followings the security and cataloguing criteria
Cooking & waiting:
- Learning about the typical Spanish cuisine and local specialties, such as paella, tortilla de patatas, different kind of salads, pasta, desserts, etc.
- Doing skilled cooking and food preparation
- Taking orders from clients for food or beverages
- Serving food and/or beverages to clients, prepare and serve specialty dishes at tables as required
Apart from their practical training, the trainees also developed their Spanish skills during their classes, visited the Planetarium, and went on trips to Baeza, Granada and Malaga. It’s safe to say their time in Spain was well-spent and we hope their newly acquired competences will come handy in their future jobs.