By the end of October, 8 enthusiastic Slovenian trainees went on a long trip to the southern city of Seville in order to take part in a three-week traineeship at various local host companies, according to their specialty: nursing, car mechanics and administrative work. During this unique training opportunity, the students managed to greatly improve their professional skills and knowledge, whilst also improving their linguistic skills in the process.
Their main tasks included the following:
- Monitoring all aspects of patient care, including nutrition and physical activity
- Providing treatment and medicines to patients under the supervision of doctors
- Removing and disassemble unit, such as engine, transmission, or differential, to be repaired, using hand tools and power tools
- Using diagnostic computers and oscilloscopes in the workplace
- Repairing car body, i.e. welding, brazing, riveting, sheet metal and profiles bonding, assembly and disassembly of car body components and chassis
- Providing information about cultural activities to customers
- Providing administrative support to the director
The trainees managed to successfully complete their internship whilst also leaving behind a positive impression on their respective tutors. But besides work, the students still hade plenty of time left to explore the city and its many splendors. Apart from that they also participated in interesting cultural trips to Gibraltar and Córdoba.