At the end of September 2016, a group of 16 students from Głogów, Poland, undertook a two-week internship in Seville. These mobile app programmers polished their IT and designing skills and gained some extra knowledge and skills in the field. During their stay, they carried out tasks such as:
- Testing the application template on the emulator and on the device. Processes: run, debug, transfer (import) applications
- Designing components of user interface in mobile application
- Designing navigation system in mobile apps: menu options, contextual menu items SlideMenu and NavigationDrawer, tabs
- Usage of the built-in hardware components of mobile devices application such as: camera, camcorder, media player, GPS receiver, compass, stopwatch
- Design and implementation of database maintenance in mobile app using database structures, application queries in SQL, modification and updating data
Of course, they were also given plenty of time to discover the other things Andalusia has to offer. They were shown around the city of Seville, acquiered a basic Spanish vocabulary during their internship and Spanish classes, did a study visit to a multinational consulting company, tasted the local food during Tapas Night and discovered the city of Cadiz!