In April of 2017, we were very pleased to welcome 16 enthusiastic Croatian trainees to Seville as part of a two-week practical training course on solar energy at a local host organization. During their stay the students were given the opportunity to apply their priorly-gained knowledge and skills by constructing their own solar house from scratch. They gained a lot of useful new insights which will help them in their future job search. Their main tasks included the following:
- Recognizing the types of photovoltaic cells: polycrystallines, monocrystallines and amorphous.
- Obtaining characteristic parameters of the panel. This includes measuring voltage and current and using a multi meter according to the inclination grade.
- Recognizing and identifying different types of controllers, its programming and functioning.
- Assembling, calculating and designing a solar installation on a computer.
- Assembling an electrical panel, AC power circuits and solar circuits of the house.
- Assembling plumbing installation for the shower and water taps with the solar pump and a solar lamp with twilight switch.
- Visiting solar facility of 64 kWp connected to the network and thermosolar facility: Solucar.
After the work was done, the students were able to enjoy some free time and visit the beautiful city of Seville during a Seville tour as well as it neighbouring cities. They took part in an exciting cultural trip to the gorgeous seasides of Cadiz.