At the beginning of 2016, 18 Croatian students from Industrijska škola Split, Obrtnička i tehnička škola Dubrovnik took part in a two-week training course which dealt with solar heating. They obtained new and broader perspectives and obtained some very useful professional knwowledge and skills.
Their main tasks included the following:
- Use of solar energy
- Use of calculation application to calculate solar radiation – solar calculator
- Calculating energy requirement
- Defining components of solar photovoltaic projects
- Work in AutoCAD – designing solar photovoltaic projects using AutoCAD
- Calculating the amount and size of the components of solar system
- Montage of the photovoltaic system components, checking if the system works properly
- Montage of a small solar plant connected to the electrical power network
- Montage of electric circuit with a sensor floodlight
Having successfully completed their internship, the students can now take from the skills and competences they have obtained and apply them in their future jobs. Apart from working, the students also went on various exciting trips to different cities across Andalusia: a.o. Cádiz and Córdoba.