At the end of February 2017, we had the pleasure to welcome a group of 16 Polish trainees to Seville. This group stayed for a two-week internship on mobile app programming at a vocational school. During their practice, their main tasks consisted of:
– The process of creating and running software projects for Android: installation and configuration of ECLIPSE environment;
– Implementation of the system of switching between the two screens designed applications: data transfer
– Testing the application template on the emulator and on the device. Processes: run, debug, transfer (import) applications;
– Designing components of user interface in mobile application – using templates;
– Designing navigation system in mobile apps: menu options, contextual menu items SlideMenu and NavigationDrawer, tabs;
– Usage of the built-in hardware components of mobile devices application such as: camera, camcorder, media player, GPS receiver, compass, stopwatch;
The trainees developed their skills, expanded their knowlegde and improved their competences while having fun and enjoying their time abroad. Apart from the internship they had the chance to discover the city of Seville, to make a trip to Cádiz, one of the oldest Andalusian cities and to learn some Spanish during diverting classes. We hope these new experiences will come in handy in their future employments!