By the end of February, 15 motivated and talented Portuguese students made their way to the south of Spain in order to take part in an exciting three-week internship. This unique opportunity will help them to improve their basic linguistic and professional skills which will help them find better employment in the future. They were employed at different host companies according to their specific area of work: communication, graphic design, dress making.
Their main responsibilities included the following:
- Assisting with the coordination of events during projects’ delivery
- Assisting the Company Manager with the maintenance of the organizations’ database (to include data input, making queries and running reports)
- Customer service, providing customers with advice about the city of Seville and its monuments.
- Discussing the objectives in responsible tourism development at different companies (private, public and voluntary).
- Helping in photo shoots
- Interview with a jornalist from the “Público” newspaper
- Observing the shooting process and assisting the main photographer
- Determining methods of image capturing
During their stay the students managed to successfully complete their internship and in doing so they gained a substantial amount of working experience as well as new skills and knowledge. But apart from their hard work they also managed to relax and enjoy the beautiful city of Sevilla.