Two young female students from Poland came to Sevilla at the beginning of 2016 to expand their knowledge and skills during an exciting traineeship at a foreign host company. By working closely together with professionals cooks and hotel assistants, the trainees received a unique insight into the working life of these professionals.
Their main tasks included the following:
- Providing an efficient housekeeping service, e.g. vacuuming, cleaning, dusting and polishing
- Ensuring the guest rooms and public areas are clean and properly presented
- Servicing bedrooms and bathrooms by using cleaning materials/equipment
- Laying the table, putting dishes and cutlery in accordance with the principles of savoir vivre
- Ensuring that the restaurant and the hotel are kept clean and tidy for the guests
During their two-week stay both trainees managed to successfully complete their internship as well as making a wonderful impression on their employers. But apart from work, there was still plenty of time to relax and have fun. They went on an exciting cultural trip to Cádiz.