In March 2018, a group of 19 Polish trainees from Szczebrzeszyn had the opportunity to do a work experience in Seville as CNC operators, baker and hairdresser. The majority attended both theoretical an practical classes about Programming the Mechanical Manufacturing and two of them were placed in local companies as a baker and a hairdresser. During this training period, they developed their knowledge and skills by carrying out several tasks, such as:
- Getting to know machining components, traditional machining of rotation parts, traditional lathe machine operations, traditional milling machine operations, montage of cut tools and raw materials, fabrication of parts, control and verification of machining processes;
- Learning the basics of CNC programming, manual programming using a computer, programming CNC machines;
- Designing of 3D parts using a computer and CAD/CAM software, understanding the machining process using a computer and CAD/CAM software;
- Creating a simulation and verification of the machining process using a computer and CAD/CAM software
- CNC lathe machine and milling machine operation
- Mixing raw materials and ancillary products in appropriate quantities and preparing different types of dough and creams
- Receiving, storing and preparing raw materials and needed ancillary products according to the product that will be made, controlling the quality
- Washing customer’s head and getting it ready for cutting or other techniques required
- Customer service in accordance with the principles of culture and art of hairdressing
Moreover, they learned some Andalusian culture and history during a Seville tour and the Spanish course. They tasted some typical local dishes during Tapas Night. They could also visit the beautiful cities of Malaga and Cordoba.
We hope that our trainees learned a lot, both about their field of study and their interpersonal training experience in a foreign country. We wish them all the best for their future like and work.