In July, a group of students from Poland took part in the internship program. They are students of various sectors such as hospitality, IT and logistics. During their 3 weeks stay they were practicing what they already knew but also, they were learning new skills. Throughout their interships, their main tasks were:
- Provide customers with the menu, provide information about its content and other advice, recommend combinations;
- Reporting to a supervisor when articles are left behind by guests, if there is any damage in the rooms or if any items appear to have been stolen;
- Assisting in welcoming the guest to the hostel and arranging reservations;
- Updating information on hotel booking websites;
- Repairing or replacing broken parts (troubleshooting);
- Determining the cause of the fault and the required spare parts for intervention;
- Supporting the data collection system;
- Marking and updating prices of products;
Their adventure in Spain however, was not only about work. They had a chance to get to know Spanish culture and tradicion. They have visited the most important monuments in Seville and also, they tried Spanish food during Paella Night. Participants also could enjoy trips to another places such as Malaga, Tavira – small town on the south of Portugal and, Cadiz which is one of the sunniest cities in Europe. They also sunbathed on the beautiful beaches of Matlaskaña and they have climbed a Rock of Gibraltar. Throughout their 3 weeks, they also took course of Spanish language.
We hope this experience fullfiled their expectations and they will come back here one day.