In April of 2016, 10 female Polish hairdressers left their home town in order to come to Sevilla and take part in an interesting three-week internship. During their traineeship at different local hairdressing salons that were given the unique opportunity to improve their practical skills whilst working abroad and serving a different clientele.
Their main tasks included:
- Washing hair applying the scalp massage techniques
- Assisting the hairdresser during procedures by handing instruments and products
- Providing the colouring treatment
- Learning new hair styling techniques on the training mannequins’ head
- Learning new hair colouring techniques on the training mannequins’ head
- Observation of the keratin streightening technique
At the salons the students showed their enthusiasm and managed to successfully fulfill all their responsibilities, whilst improving their linguistic skills in the process. But apart from work, the entire group also went on a number of cultural activities: a.o. a tour of Sevilla and a trip to Málaga.