Ten students from Libverda (Czech Republic), spent their time in Seville in June 2018, for a three-weeks traineeship as Horse Breeder Assistant, Animal care Assistant and Veterinary Health Auxiliaries. During their formative experience, they had the chance to acquire more knowledge and develop their professional abilities in the fields of Veterinary and AnimalCare. They carried out several tasks, such as:
- Feeding, watering and taking care of animals
- Examining, analyzing, administering medicaments and provide post-operative care to the animals
- Cleaning, disinfecting and sterilizing cages, stables and work areas
- Taking out, riding and brushing horses,
- Monitoring the condition of animals and recognizing and resolving any behavioral problems.
Furthermore, they learned and improved their knowledge of the Spanish language through a Spanish course. They also had the opportunity to discover the historical, cultural and multi-ethnical aspects of Seville during a Seville Tour and visiting Metropol Parasol and a did some sports activities, such as a kayak tour along Guadalquivir river banks. They could also have a great time during their trips to Tavira (Portugal) and Cádiz, where they enjoyed not only the cities but a small sunbath on the beach.
We hope that our trainees had fun and that they learned many things that will be useful for their future work and private life.