In March 2019, Euromind was pleased to welcome a group of Croatian interns to work during 3 weeks in companies dedicated to the tourism and hospitality sectors in Seville. Some of them chose to work in an important travel agency in the city center specialized in creating travel packages in Andalusia. The host company offers services for private but also business customers and what they offer is an unique experience of Andalusian region. Their offer consists of visiting the cities, experiencing Andalusian cuisine and nature. They also have department that is responsible specifically for organizing honeymoons. The trainees improved their skills doing tasks such as:
-Attending project meetings
– Performing administrative tasks such as text editing, agenda management, correspondence, photocopying, scanning, printing, stamping, filling documents, checking their correctness, classification, sorting etc.
– Assisting the Company Manager with the maintenance of the database (putting in data, preparing reports)
– Arranging and verifying the data and files of the projects in the database
– Helping in the preparation of marketing materials
– Managing company’s social media (Facebook)
– Visiting apartments, searching and comparing new accommodations
– Controlling payments and managing invoices
– Conducting statistical calculations based on the available data
– Serving customers and provide them with the information they need
Others trainees of the group decided to improve their skills as receptionists working in different hotels located in privileged places for the tourists such as next to the airport or the historic center of the Andalusian capital. Interns could learn a lot about hospitality sector doing some specific tasks such as:
– Assisting in welcoming the guest to the hostel and arranging reservations
– Assisting in check-ins and check-outs and complete procedures when guests arrive and leave – Taking notes of guests concerns and paying attention to special requests in a professional way – Helping guests with luggage storage, storing valuable objects
– Ordering taxis
– Providing tourist information about the city and the region
– Contacting hotel booking websites in case of any queries recurring customer`s problems
– Updating information on hotel booking websites
– Translating and interpreting if required
– Performing administrative activities
Besides the work placement, students improved their language skills in a dynamic and friendly atmosphere participating in Spanish lessons given by EuroMind team but also cultural knowledges about Spain thanks to activities organized by our team like Seville Tour, Flamenco Show or Paella Night. Croatian students also had the opportunity to enjoy the sunny weather of Spain visiting Andalusian cities like Cadiz and Malaga.
I have really liked this experience because I have learned a lot about agencies as well as a little bit of Spanish language and about the region of Andalusia.
I am very satisfied with the experience I have lived. I have learned a lot and now I am able to speak Spanish with the guests. I also made new friends so, the internship is totally worth it and I am very grateful to my colleges and my mentor. I am sure I will never forget it.
Project Title: Acquisition of practical skills of hoteliers and electrotechnicians in EU countries (EU- HOT- EL)
Project Number: 2018-1-HR01-KA102-047124
Number of participants: 6
Country: Croatia, Ploče