Our Ubeda team was very pleased to welcome this group of 18 Polish trainees. They stayed for a two-week practical training in the cooking and mechanic field, working as pastry chefs, cooks and mechanics. Next to that, their free time was filled with both fun as interesting activities: they visited the city, went on a trip to Malaga, one of the most famous Andalusian cities and were given Spanish classes to create a full immersion for the trainees.
During their traineeships, the trainees carried out tasks such as:
– Facilitating oil changes and changing filters for customers
– Assisting with installing and diagnosing air conditioning system
– Assisting with replacing and repairing removable components of the vehicle
– Mixing raw materials and ancillary products in appropriate quantities and preparing different types of dough and creams
– Making and decorating different types of tarts and pastries according to basic techniques of bakery
– Controlling the temperature and humidity of chambers and ovens, as much as the time of fermentation and baking
– Organising the kitchen with the ingredients needed and tools which are going to be used
– Assisting in preparing the meals and tapas at scheduled time
– Assisting in coordinating food service activities to have meals prepared at scheduled time
We are sure the traineeship has a positive impact on the trainees’ skills, knowledge and competences and hope they fully enjoyed the cultural exchange in Spain.