In January 2018, a group of 17 students from Czchów (Poland) came to Seville for an internship as Administratives. They learned more about how to carry out office and managerial work, both from a theoretical and a practical point of view. They could develop and improve their knowledge and skills by carrying out several tasks, such as:
- Searching new interesting information about travel agencies and tours guided in Andalusia and abroad;
- Helping in the booking process and others relevant documents related to the services rendered;
- Controlling payments, managing, ordering and archiving invoices according to the month and support sale processes;
- Developing administrative tasks related to customer service and performing general clerical duties (photocopying, faxing, mailing, filling, scanning, etc.), performing basic tasks related to the service and the maintenance of printers and other kinds of machinery and saving/archiving documentation;
- Maintaining and updating records management database systems;
- Attending project meetings when appropriate, assisting with the coordination of events during projects’ delivery, ensuring that project files are up to date, assisting the Company Manager with the maintenance of the database (putting in data, making queries and running reports), maintaining and updating the internal library and index including administration of photographic and digital images, arranging and overseeing the recording of projects for the database and archive, preparing and delivering presentations, helping to prepare marketing materials and managing the company social media.
Moreover, they learned some Andalusian cultural, historical and gastronomic features during a Spanish course, a Seville tour (with a specific visit to the bullring La Real Maestranza),a Flamenco Masterclass and a Tapas Night. Apart from that, they also visited the beautiful cities of Malaga and Cadiz.
We hope that our trainees improved their professional and personal skills and competencies, both about their field of study and their personal training experience in a foreign country. We wish them all the best for their future like and work and we were very pleased with their stay.