31 August 2015 was not a traditional end of holiday for some Polish students, but the beginning of something new. This group of 16 youngsters left familiar territory for three weeks to improve their skills and competences in the hotel, restaurant, tourism and advertising sector in Ubeda.
Their tasks included, amongst others:
- Making beds daily and change bed linen
- Clean bathrooms and supply with fresh towels and toiletries
- Keeping records on hotel’s room availability
- Providing guests with touristic information
- Developing commercial offer to the expectations and needs of customers
- Preparation of advertising products with the use of computer programs
Next to that, the trainees had plenty of time to enjoy Spain. They went to an olive oil centre, visited the cities of Baeza, Granada and Malaga, enjoyed a walk through Ubeda, tasted the local food during tapas nigh and learnt some Spanish during their classes. We hope they had a great stay!