During Summer these 18 motivated Polish students made their way to the beautiful city of Seville in order to take part in a life-changing traineeship at their respective field of work: a.o. gastronomy, gardening, car mechanics and hairdressing. During their training programme the students managed to greatly improve both their professional and linguistic skills.
Their main aims include the following:
- Providing administrative support to the director
- Providing information about cultural activities to customers
- Checking and restocking tea, coffee, sugar, milk and mini bar supplies
- Making sure that televisions, radios, lights and air conditioning equipment are working
- Reporting to a supervisor when articles are left behind by guests, if there is any damage in the rooms or if any items appear to have been stolen
- Washing customer’s head and getting it ready for cutting or other techniques required
- Hair lightening and discoloration using modern techniques and hairdressing utensils
- Ensuring proper operation of common spaces in order to provide a stable and secure all personnel working in the business environment
- Performing maintenance (electricity, plumbing, painting, HVAC, carpentry, masonry, locksmithing, painting, etc.)
- Seasoning and cooking meals according to recipes, personal judgment or experience, using different methods (e.g. baking, braising, frying, broiling, roasting and steaming).
During their stay the students demonstrated their ever-present motivation and dedication to their job. But apart from work they had enough spare time to enjoy the sights of Sevilla and take part in several activities.