“May the fourth be with you” could perfectly have referred to this group of 16 Polish trainees that joined us during the first week of May 2016. These youngsters stayed in Ubeda for a period of four weeks, working in different businesses to improve their knowledge, skills and competences in the fields of electricity, electronics and Tele IT. The trainees carried out tasks such as:
- Locating and removing errors of operating systems and applications
- Replacing the power supply unit in computers
- Installing and performing minor repairs on hardwares, softwares, and other equipment
- Assisting in testing customer’s electrical devices and solving electronic problems
- Helping in the installation of public streetlight systems
- Assembly and dismantling of light bulbs and streetlamps
Next to that, the trainees took part in all sorts of activities. They learnt their first words of Spanish during their classes, went on multiple trips – they visited the cities of Ubeda, Baeza, Cordoba and Malaga – saw the Paco Tito Pottery Museum de defied local students during basketball, volleyball and football games. We are sure the trainees had both a fun as an interesting experiences and hope they went back home with only positive memories.