In January 2019 we have been hosting trainees from Braniewo – the town on the east of Poland.
The students of the carpentry field were learning how to carry out the furniture’s production in an artisan way, starting from the client’s idea, and offering different propositions of materials and last details. For that, they make a sketch for the client to have an idea of how the final result will be, and then they transfer it into the wood. In addition, they differentiate themselves within the field because they apart from creating wood pieces, then they are able to assemble them.
Our hotel employees were gaining their professional experience in different hotels that have been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site. They were practice:
– Checking if the rooms have been vacated before cleaning
– Making beds daily and changing bed linen
– Vacuum cleaning carpets, floors, and upholstery
– Cleaning bathrooms and supplying fresh towels and toiletries
– Checking and restocking tea, coffee, sugar, milk, and minibar supplies
– Making sure that televisions, radios, lights and air conditioning equipment are working
– Reporting to a supervisor when articles are left behind by guests, if there is any damage in the rooms or if any items appear to have been stolen
The logistics could learn how to identify the structure and the organization of the company relating them to the type of service provided, how to apply inventory management methods, make predictions of goods and materials requirements in production and supply systems; to organize the storage process by activity and goods volume, optimizing space and handling times or to provide promotional flyers distribution etc.
The cooks are now able to recognize and use basic sector-related vocabulary, they recognize typical Spanish cuisine and local specialties, they are familiar with the organization of work in a kitchen, they also know how to prepare Spanish dishes according to the recipes and local specialties served at the restaurant etc.
They had been at the trips in Malaga and Cordoba. That was a wonderful time!