These 18 Polish students came to Sevilla right on time to enjoy the warm Sevillian summer sun and to take part in an interesting traineeship on solar energy at a renowned local host company. During their stay the trainees were able to put their technical skills and knowledge into practice whilst also improving their linguistic skills in the process.
Their main tasks included the following:
- Recognizing different implementations of the solar energy
- Recognizing the types photovoltaics cells: polycrystalline, monocrystalline and amorphous
- Obtaining the characteristic parameters of the panel. Including measuring voltage and current, using a multi meter, according to the inclination grade
- Calculating and scaling the solar installation in a computer
- Assembling electrical panel and AC power circuits of the house, solar circuit of the house
- Visiting solar facility of 64 kWp, connected to the network
- Assembling solar lamps with a twilight switch so it works for a few hours since the sunset
- Visiting thermos-solar facility: Solucar
This motivated group managed to successfully complete their traineeship while equally impressing their tutors. And after hours there was plenty of time left to enjoy the gorgeous Sevillian sights and to take part in several linguistic and cultural activities.